Dor 2006 Hindi movie
Dor is a Bollywood Hindi movie. Dor is a Drama film. You can watch full HD Indian movie Dor online or in cinema after its release date which is 22 September, 2006.
Release Date: 2006-09-22
Movie Type: Drama
Movie Dor Poster
Dor Movie Cast
* Ayesha Takia as Meera, one of the two protagonists. Coming from an orthodox Rajput family, she has to descend into a life devoid of joy.
* Gul Panag as Zeenat, the other protagonist. A gutsy and determined wife who hopes to save her husband's life and this leads her to Meera.
* Shreyas Talpade as Bahuroopiya, the multi-faceted personality. He plays a supportive role to Zeenat by helping her to find Meera.
* Girish Karnad as Randhir Singh, father-in-law of Meera. Quite orthodox in their customs and traditions, he turns tough on Meera after the death of the only bread-winner of their house, his son.
* Nagesh Kukunoor as Chopra, a businessman. Comes up with a proposal to forgive the debt of Randhir Singh's ancestral house at the expense of Meera.
* Prateeksha Lonkar as Gowri Singh, Randhir Singh's wife. On the pretext of tradition and customs, she exercises restraint on Meera's freedom and choices.
* Uttara Baokar as Dadima, Meera's grandmother-in-law. Her grumpy nature towards Meera transforms into empathy after Shankar, Meera's husband's death. She plays a significant role in Meera's redemption from oppression.
Dor Movie Overview:
Dor (Hindi: डोर, Urdu: ڈور, English: String) is a 2006 Indian drama film written and directed by Nagesh Kukunoor and features Ayesha Takia, Gul Panag and Shreyas Talpade as the lead actors. The film, which is a remake of the Malayalam film, Perumazhakkalam (2004), was well received by the critics after its release on 22 September 2006. Dor, which also released on a DVD, garnered rave reviews from both critics and film buffs.
The film, which was produced by Elahe Hiptoola, had cinematography by Sudeep Chatterjee and editing by Sanjib Datta. For the film that had Hindi as the predominant language with a sporadic use of Urdu, Salim-Sulaiman composed the background score for the film.
The film is about two women who come from different backgrounds and how fate brings them together. Meera (Ayesha Takia), a young woman who becomes a widow shortly after marriage, is trapped by tradition. Zeenat (Gul Panag), on the other hand, faces the daunting task of saving the life of her husband, who is on trial for murder. A bahuroopiya (Shreyas Talpade) helps her reach Meera, who holds the "string" to Zeenat's hope. The companionship that develops between Meera and Zeenat results in redemption for both.
Dor Online, Dor full movie, Dor trailer, Dor videos, Dor songs, Dor highlights, Dor story, Dor release date